Event Supervisor Training and Resources
Event Supervisors, Event Assistants, HQ Volunteers:
Summary of your To-Do's to get ready for the state tournament:
- Download rules and understand them.
- Watch training videos.
- Check the clarifications page for changes.
- Contact other volunteers on your event and coordinate your planning (see email from Mike)
- Get ready for the event: Obtain supplies, write tests, labs, etc.
- Want copies? Send to Mike at least 8 days before tournament.
- Need supplies? Send a request to Mike. If purchasing, let him know what you need prior to purchases.
- Engineering events - download the scoresheets to a laptop and bring with you to tournament.
- Bring a laptop, smartphone, or tablet
- Setup your event at 7:00 am on tournament day.
Rules and Scoring Documents
Event Scoring Spreadsheets for Selected Engineering Events
Training Documents and Videos
Training Video Handout 2017- Accompanies powerpoint video below
These will be included in the supervisor packets and will include userids and passwords. The files below are for reference only.
SOSS Directions for Supervisors
SOSS Directions for Score Counselors
Training Videos: If you are are an event supervisor or assistant for an lab or research based event, skip the engineering video. If you are one for engineering (pre-build), skip the lab or research based event video.
Introduction Video - All watch
Lab Research Based Video
Engineering Events Video
Event and Scoring Procedures - All watch - 2 Videos
Scoring (SOSS) Overview - All watch
Introduction - Intended for All Event Supervisors, Assistants and Headquarters Volunteers -
Lab and Reseach Events - Intended for Event Supervisors, Assistants running a lab or research based event
Engineering Events- Intended for Event Supervisors, Assistants running an engineering (prebuild) event
Event Procedures - Intended for All Event Supervsiors, Assistants and Headquarters Volunteers
Scoring Procedures - Intended for All Event Supervsiors, Assistants and Headquarters Volunteers
Science Olympiad Scoring System Overview - Intended for All Event Supervisors, Assistants and Headquarters Volunteers