REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR 2016
||Early Registration: $235 Per team
$270 Per Team
Payment methods include credit card, purchase order, or check. Teams paying using a purchase order or check will receive an invoice by e-mail for payment.
If you are new to Science Olympiad, look over the About Us page and the Things to Know section.
Early registration deadline: November 15
Late registration deadline: November 16 - December 31
No registration permitted after December 31
Can pay using Credit Card, Check, or School Purchase Order
No refunds after January 1
NOTE: One check can be written for multiple teams from the same school, but each team MUST fill out a registration form. All checks must be made out to Florida Science Olympiad. Please reference your school name on the check.
THINGS TO KNOW before registering:
- Fees include: Regional and state membership, national membership, and one coach's manual, one regional competition registration. Coaches manual will be mailed once payment or purchase order is received.
- Your team can consist of up to 15 students and they will compete in up to 23 events. We don't need to know which events your students will do but just before the competition you will receive an email with directions on which forms you will need to have students fill out and bring with you to the competition.
- Prior to the competition, you will be asked to fill out the online Team Roster Form and have your principal sign it electronically.
- Use the rules manual you receive to prepare your students. The team can only compete 1 time in each of the 23 events, but individual students will compete in up to 3-4 events during the competition.
- Florida Science Olympiad has an open Regional Policy. You are assigned to a region based on the county in which your school is located. If you can not attend the regional competition in which you are assigned, please indicate which regional you would like to attend in the registration form. If approved, the regional director will notify you. No changes can be made after December 31. Once approved and accepted by the team coach, no further changes can be made. Note that ALL teams from a school must go to the same regional.
- All teams must compete in a regional competition and the top teams will be invited to the state competition.
- Multiple teams can register from a single school, but each must have a different coach (either a teacher or adult).
- Each team will be asked to provide 2 volunteers (event supervisor or event assistant) who will help run and organize one of the 23 events.