Middle and High School Team Registration for Regional and State
This page is for those registering for the Florida Science Olympiad MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL Competitions. If you are interested in registering for the Coaches Conference, please click here. If you wish to register for the Elementary Competition, please click here.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2014
REGISTRATION FOR 2015 will open in August of 2014
All schools MUST register online. Payment methods include credit card, purchase order, or check. Schools paying using a purchase order or check will receive an invoice by e-mail for payment. All payees will receive an email once registration is complete and this will serve as the receipt.
If you are new to Science Olympiad, look over the About Us page and the Things to Know section below.
|DEADLINES for MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRATION Elementary? Go Here
|On-time registration - Until November 15, 2013
|Late registration - November 15-December 31, 2013
No registration permitted after December 31, 2013
Can pay using Credit Card, Check, or School Purchase Order
No refunds after January 1, 2014
|See competition dates here
If you are looking for the registration for the Coaches Conference please follow this link. (New window will open. Make sure your browser allows popup windows)
Problems registering? Please call 407-882-0260 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Mail payments and purchase orders to:
UCF Continuing Education
3280 Progress Drive, Suite 700
Orlando, FL 32826
Purchase orders can be faxed to 407-882-0266 Attention Kourtney Dinkins
NOTE: One check can be written for multiple teams from the same school, but each team MUST fill out a registration form. All checks must be made out to UCF - Florida Science Olympiad. Please reference your school name on the check.
Things to know before registering:
- Fees include: Regional and state membership, national membership, and one coach's manual, one regional competition registration. Coaches manual will be mailed once payment or purchase order is received.
- Your team can consist of up to 15 students and they will compete in up to 23 events. We don't need to know which events your students will do but just before the competition you will receive an email with directions on which forms you will need to have students fill out and bring with you to the competition. Other than that, no other forms will be needed in advance.
- Use the rules manual you receive to prepare your students. The team can only compete 1 time in each of the 23 events, but individual students will compete in up to 3-4 events during the competition.
- Florida Science Olympiad has an open Regional Policy. You are assigned to a region based on the county in which your school is located. If you can not attend the regional competition in which you are assigned, please indicate which regional you would like to attend in the registration form. If approved, the regional director will notify you. No changes can be made after December 31. Once approved and accepted by the team coach, no further changes can be made. Note that ALL teams from a school must go to the same regional.
- All teams must compete in a regional competition and the top teams will be invited to the state competition.
- You can register as many teams as you like on your initial registration. However, after you register your first team, if at a later date you need to register a second or third team, you must call 407-882-0260 to have it added to the registration system.
- Multiple teams can register from a single school, but each must have a different coach (either a teacher or adult).